Free School Meals
If you are receiving some kind of income support, credit or benefit then your child could be eligible for a free school meal worth £2.30 every day. You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
Staffordshire County Council have taken over the registration of Free School Meals. If you have any queries regarding Free School Meals or the application process, please contact Mrs E Colyer.
The claim is totally confidential and will not affect any other benefits you may be receiving.