As a Trust we hope to be able to support all of our community during the challenges they face, whatever they may be. We hope that the resources provided on this page provide some support and help to overcome these challenges.
Landau Forte College Derby has provided some additional wellbeing resources which you may also find useful:
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- Stafford & District Bereavement & Loss Support Service
- Derby City Council Bereavement Support Services
- Winston’s Wish
- Childhood Bereavement Network
Guidance from the Department for Education
What support is available to parents to help them maintain their family’s wellbeing while their children are at home?
Social connections, alongside exercise, sleep, diet and routine, are important protective factors for mental health. Materials to promote and support mental wellbeing are included in the list of online resources we have published to help children to learn at home. Public Health England’s Rise Above platform supports young people. The Department of Health and Social Care is providing £5 million of additional funding to support mental health charities to increase their provision for adults and children at this time.
Social isolation, reduced exercise, and bereavement, may affect children’s wellbeing in this period.
Resources to promote and support children and young people’s mental wellbeing include:
- MindEd educational resources for adults about children and young people’s mental health, which is relevant for parents and carers as well as volunteers, teachers, and other professionals working with children
- the Every Mind Matters platform which supports looking after your own and other’s mental health
- guidance on looking after wellbeing and mental health during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- guidance on supporting children’s wellbeing and mental health