We firmly believe education is a powerful tool for enhancing social mobility and ensuring a fairer, more egalitarian, society. As such, our students are entitled to the highest quality teaching, which will ensure they master the powerful knowledge that will enable them to lead successful and prosperous lives. Students leave the Academy to be ambitious, brave and kind people who contribute positively to society.
We will achieve this through an ambitious, challenging and engaging curriculum that is based on the following 10 core design principles:
- Promoting the Academy values of being ambitious, brave and kind.
- Teaching powerful knowledge which helps students achieve and creates a fairer society.
- Clearly mapped topics which ensure breadth and depth of knowledge, including a broad and balanced offer.
- Ordering threshold concepts and content in order to support progression from KS2 and to KS4.
- Space interleaving of topics to allow thinking time and increased knowledge retention.
- Promotion of extracurricular/career opportunities which develop social and cultural capital.
- Increased key vocabulary, reading, writing and numeracy opportunities.
- Support for SEND and students with Low Prior Attainment, as well as challenge for students with High Prior Attainment.
- Mass and distributed practice to evaluate the knowledge and skills gained.
- Analysis of progress and results data to continue to refine the curriculum.
Key Stage 4 courses offered
- GCSE Maths
- GCSE English Language
- GCSE English Literature
- GCSE Combined Science
- GCSE Triple Science
- GCSE Geography
- GCSE History
- GCSE Spanish
- GCSE Computer Science
- GCSE Art and Design
- GCSE Business Studies
- GCSE Drama
- GCSE Film Studies
- GCSE Religious Studies (Philosophy and Applied Ethics)
- GCSE Food Preparation & Nutrition
- GCSE Design & Technology (Product Design)
- GCSE Design & Technology (Textile Design)
- OCR Level 1/2 Cambridge National Certificate in Health and Social Care
- OCR Level 1/2 Cambridge National Certificate in Sport Studies
- OCR Level 1/2 Cambridge National Certificate in Enterprise and Marketing
- OCR Level 1/2 Cambridge National Certificate in Creative iMedia
- BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Music
- BTEC Level 1/2 Tech Award in Performing Arts: Dance
If you would like more information about the curriculum the Academy follows please contact us.