Students should normally be aged between 11 and 12 years on the 1 September in the year of entry. Applications for a place at the Academy MUST be made via the Local Authority in which you live. For most applicants this will be to Staffordshire County Council.
Here is our latest admissions procedure documentation. A brief overview of the admissions process can be found below.
When should I apply?
- Applications are open from the beginning of September.
- The closing date for applications is the end of October.
Exact opening and closing dates can be found on the Council’s website.
How do I apply?
You can apply online via the Council’s website: Online Application Form
You can complete a paper form and post it to the Council: Paper Application Form
If you have any questions about your application please contact the Council’s Customer Contact Centre on 0300 111 8007 or via email email@example.com
Where can I find more information about the allocation of school places?
- Full details are available on the Council’s website: Allocation of Places
- All relevant information can be found in the Secondary Information for Parents Booklet.
- Paper copies of the information booklets are available on request by calling 0300 111 8007.
When will I receive my secondary school offer?
- If you made your application online you will receive your offer at the beginning of March, usually 1st March.
- If you posted your application, your offer will be posted to you at the beginning of March, usually 1st March. Offers are sent second-class so you should receive it within 7 days.
- If you don’t receive your offer you should contact the Council’s Customer Contact Centre on 0300 111 8007 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org