Landau Forte Academy Amington opened in September 2010 as another member of the family of schools operated by Landau Forte Charitable Trust.
Whilst the Academy is part of the national network of schools and Academies, it is owned and operated as an independent educational organisation providing free full time education for children from 11 to 19 years old. Currently we have approximately 800 students. The Academy has been established to bring together the worlds of business, industry and education in a uniquely productive partnership to secure the highest quality education for young people.
Ethos & Culture
- Student learning, attainment, achievement and well being are at the centre of strategic thinking, planning and actions.
- A ‘can do’ attitude is actively promoted and prevalent throughout the Academy.
- There is a culture of success where achievement is rewarded and celebrated.
- Underpinned by high aspirations and ambition for both students and staff there is an expectation for everyone to be determined and have a desire and commitment to continuously improve.
- The independent status of the Academy is fully embraced to encourage self confidence, a pro-active approach and taking responsibility for one’s own actions whilst enabling rapid and appropriate response to changing circumstances.
In partnership with parents/carers and the wider community including business and industry, Landau Forte Academy Amington will provide a high quality education motivating and enabling its students to learn, to achieve and to develop the skills, capability and confidence to succeed in all aspects of their lives.
In working towards the Mission there are seven key areas of activity with a key objective for each:
- In relation to students
Create an environment and climate for learning where all people are valued and respected; students are able to achieve their best becoming equipped with the qualifications, skills, qualities, confidence and attitudes necessary for successful adult life.
- In relation to the curriculum
Providing a broad, rigorous, innovative and effectively taught curriculum which has a scientific and business & enterprise focus and critically provides students with a strong grounding in the areas of mathematics and English as a platform for broader learning and achievement.
- In relation to the staff
Recruit, retain, reward and develop a high quality staff committed to working at Landau Forte Academy, Tamworth.
- In relation to parents and carers
Actively engage parents and carers as partners in the eduation of their children.
- In relation to the operation of the Academy
Ensure the operation of the Academy is efficient with sufficient resources deployed appropriately and effectively to achieve the objectives.
- In relation to business, industry and the wider community
Develop and sustain close and mutually beneficial partnerships with business, industry and the wider community.
- In relation to monitoring systems
Establishing effective systems for monitoring which will inform the process of continuous improvement.
In fulfilling its mission, Academy students would become:
- Capable, adaptable and confident;
- Independent and autonomous learners;
- Self reliant but importantly able to work productively and positively with others;
- Marketable and employable and/or have the capacity, confidence and entrepreneurial spirit to become self employed;
- Responsible and respected citizens.