Gifted and Talented students can be considered as the top 5-10% of the ability range in the Academy. The term ‘gifted’ may be considered to encompass those with academic ability in subjects other than Art, Music and PE. The term ‘talent’ defines those with ability in any sport or creative art. ‘All rounders’ may be considered both ‘gifted and talented’.
- To identify and establish a cohort of students identified as gifted and talented.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop specific skills or talents to the highest possible level.
- To provide opportunities for students to work at higher cognitive levels.
- To respond to more able students, not as a separate or distinct group, but as individuals with particular needs in one or more areas of the curriculum.
- To share information about students’ abilities and about appropriate teaching and learning styles.
To find out more about Gifted and Talented, please see the pdfs below: